It’s Friday and summer is here! This month’s Simply Loving round up includes all of my summer faves!
- Champagne Stopper – perfect way to keep your bubbly fresh, it’s like uncorking the bottle for the first time!
- Sand Spiker Drink Holder – a must have for summer days at the beach. Never have a sandy cup again (insert alleluia emoji!)
- Keepsake App – this is a great app for turning all of your photos into beautifully framed prints. I love how I can do it all from my phone!
- Pasta Salad Recipe – this easy-to-make, lightweight (no mayo!) pasta salad has been a huge hit this summer. I mean how can you go wrong with an Italian Caprese Pasta Salad?
- 4th of July Hot Dog Boats – OMG! This is the cutest thing ever!! Seriously, can’t get enough of this, can’t wait to use them for a festive celebration!
- Bamboo Multi-Device Charging Station – I prefer to have a place for everything and this organizer is perfect for keeping all my devices in one spot and minimizes the excess wires!
- Sun Protection – I mean it’s summer time and we live in Florida… this is a necessity for summer time. This is by far my favorite sun screen for the body and this one is my favorite for my face.
- 168 Hours – this is on my summer reading list for sure! Who doesn’t want to learn how to gain more time throughout the day and accomplish all the goals without sacrificing time with family and enjoying the good stuff?!
- 10-Minute Workout – I love being able to get in a quick 10-minute workout with these 3 moves (especially when it’s bikini season!)
- Yoga on-the-go – I know I’ve talked about this before, but this is great for all the summer travel because you can take yoga classes with you where ever you go. I’ll be using this in Dallas in two weeks!
What items are you loving so far for summer?! Enjoy the weekend and chase the sun!
I am just getting back into my workout routine… aka I am really sore and can barely move, thanks Brandon for yesterday’s workout! But, getting back into the swing of things has me thinking about my next workout and how much I used to love it.
So, in the spirit of having fitness on the brain, I’m sharing my top 5 workout items that I can’t live without!
- Beats Wireless Headphones – total wishlist item, but having music while I workout is a total must-have and having a good sound system for that music is high on my list. My favorite Pandora station to jam out to while working out is Swedish House Mafia, I mean that upbeat tempo doe!
- Mizuno Running Shoes – I’m in desperate need of a new pair, but Mizunos’ have been my running shoe since college! If you’re looking for a new pair of running shoes, I highly recommend going to your local running store where they fit you based on your needs. If you’ve never been to a specialized running shoe store, go check it out! They watch you run, measure the arch in your foot and provide a recommendation based on your foot strike. Locally, I really like Fit2Run in Boca Raton, FL. If you’re in Jax, check out my friends at JRC.
- Yoga Mat – My yoga mat is a must at all times. It’s perfect for stretching and strengthening, it is also perfect for those who prefer HIT and body-bearing workouts over the machines. But if I am being completely honest, I am totally eyeing Lululemon’s The Mat yoga mat – I’ve only heard great things!
- My Gym Bag – umm, need I say more. I love this Nike duffle gym bag. It has a compartment for EVERYTHING.
- Trigger Point Foam Roller – I cannot say enough good things about my foam roller. It is my life saver! If you do not have a roller, go out, right now, don’t walk, RUN to your nearest running store and add this to your arsenal of workout gear! I promise you won’t regret it.
Aside from loving these must-have items for working out, my top 3 apps to help you stick to your goals, can be found here.
What workout gear is top on your list? Share in the comments below!
We’re 18 days into the new year and I want to know how every one is doing with their 2016 goals?
If you didn’t get a chance to see my list, check out my goals, here. I’ll be posting updates on my progress throughout the year, because what better way to hold myself accountable than by putting it out there?!
Trying to keep to my 2016 goals, this year has already been off to a rough start. When time is tight and your busy working, traveling and trying to balance everything in between, it can be extremely challenging to make progress.
As soon as the clock struck midnight on NYE Mike and I began the search for a house (okay, that may be an exaggeration, especially since I was sleeping well before midnight, but you get the point). And if you have ever house hunted before you know it takes up all of your free time, seriously all. of. it. Between house hunting and a hectic month for work, I have not been as active as I would like. My ideal week would consist of attending multiple yoga classes, running a few times a week and two HIIT (high-intensity interval training) workouts. But… when traveling or getting home late, the gym is the last thing I want to do. No matter how many times I try and will myself to the gym, there are just
days (who am I kidding?) weeks where I don’t make it.
But then there are days like today, where I left work on time, I didn’t get stuck in traffic and I was in child’s pose waiting for class to start. Totally winning! But, unlike today, most of my days consist of leaving work late, sitting in traffic and running too late to join the class. Those are the days when I turn to my top 3 fitness apps, they keep me on track regardless of where I am or when I get home.
Top 3 Fitness Apps
- My Joy Yoga – this is the perfect app to help you find time for yoga. This app allows you to stream live and on-demand yoga classes based on level, focus and/or instructor. This is my favorite app to use when traveling because I can set it up on my laptop or iPad and do yoga right in my hotel room. Or simply take your practice outdoors with an iPad and enjoy your natural surroundings!
- Nike Training Club – once you have this app, you don’t need a coach or personal trainer because this app tells you what and when to do an exercise. I absolutely love this app, I use it when I’m working out in the gym or when traveling. I also really love how I can take my workout outside with this app. Nike Training Club offers more than 85 instructor-narrated fitness routines that verbally tells you what to do.
- Pandora – okay this ones not a fitness app, but I CANNOT workout without good music and since I do a terrible job of compiling my own music I rely on Pandora : ) It knows just when to play motivating music to help me dig deep and when I need to listen to calming music for a good yoga session.
So friends, here’s to a great Monday and a great week ahead! I’ll be using these 3 fitness apps when I travel this week, are there any others I should consider while I’m on the road? Let me know your favorite fitness apps in the comments below!
Friends, I need your help. I am struggling to stick to my workout/healthy eating routine (I don’t want to call it a diet, because a diet is just a fad, I want this to last). Some of you may look at me and think that I don’t need to lose any weight and that I am crazy for having this goal, but my body composition has certainly changed from what it used to be. I know this happens to most as we get older and don’t continue to be as active, but the change in my body regardless of how minimal it may appear, feels so much different than what it used to be. Going from pushing my body to it’s limits with two-a-days as a college athlete to rarely working out has made a huge difference, and not in a good way! Ideally, I would like to lose 8 pounds, but if I am toning and leaning out, I don’t really care about the final number on the scale… after all, muscle does weigh more than fat. With all of the said, I think I can hold myself more accountable if I share my progress with you. So here it goes, today starts the day I share this journey. I plan on kicking it into high gear without a gym membership but instead at home with plyometric circuits, high intensity training, yoga and running. I want to strive for progress, not perfection!
Weight: 135.2 lbs | Fat Percentage: 25.1% | Activity Level: Low (running and yoga a couple of times a week, very sporadic)
Let’s do this!
I don’t know about you, but I always seem to struggle getting my workout in, there’s always some excuse: too cold for a morning run, too tired after work or I just don’t feel like working out (even though I know I will feel so much better after I do!) To eliminate the number of excuses I can come up with I often do my workouts first thing in the morning, but every now and then that just doesn’t work and an afternoon workout is the only time available. Earlier this week I attempted to make it to the 5:15 yoga class in San Marco but after sitting in traffic for 30 minutes no more than a few miles away from my house I realized I wasn’t going to make it, so I turned around to head back home. Finding myself sitting in traffic for another 30 minutes just to end up exactly where I began without spending time on my mat was extremely frustrating!! During my ride back home I decided to find a yoga session on YouTube and do my practice there, making time for my mat regardless of the obstacles presented.
I found this 60 Minute Hardcore Yoga (Advanced) video:
It was great, I was able to get my practice in despite life (aka TRAFFIC) getting in the way! This video is a good one to follow for advanced yogis, it was a little different from my normal practice, but it was good to switch it up. Sometimes I think the hardest part of working out or doing yoga at home is knowing what to do (or lack there of). I run into the same problem when I travel, trying to get time on my mat without really knowing what to do. I think this Travel To Go Workshop offered by Power Yoga San Marco is so timely and may be just want I am looking for to help me continue my practice on the go! Details below:
If you’re around, I hope to see you there! Do you maintain your practice on-the-go? Share your tips and tricks in the comments below!