2016 is here and it’s time to determine my goals for the year ahead! I’ve never been big on new year resolutions, but would rather identify goals to work towards. Although I’ve got a laundry list of things I want to achieve this year, I’ve decided to only list 6 goals for 2016, plus one for good luck! This afternoon, Michael and I sat outside enjoying fruit smoothies finalizing our individual lists for 2016, as soon as we got home, we put pen to paper to really commit to our goals.
- Run a half marathon – I want to run the Fort Lauderdale A1A half marathon, but that is coming up in February – I may need to find one a little later in the year for this to be feasible
- Be more active – I have totally fallen off of my routine in 2015, so this year I want to focus on being more active with my running, yoga and gym routine
- Create an Etsy Shop – this is something I have been wanting to do for a few years now, and I am really excited to say that I am going to make it happen in 2016
- Buy a house!! – I am so excited for this goal! Mike and I have lived in South Florida for almost a year and I think we figured out the area we want to purchase our first home!!
- Be more consistent with the blog – I’ve always struggled with this, I’ve had Simply Sianne for 4 years now and I really want to commit to blogging on a consistent basis. 2016 is going to be the year of making things happen!
- Travel to new places – Michael and I had an amazing time in Mexico and San Francisco last year, that we can’t wait to travel and experience new places
- Go on more adventures – The past year in South Florida has been fun, but we haven’t done as much exploring as I would like, so I want to make sure we don’t miss out on spontaneous adventures in the beautiful area we live
I can’t wait to provide progress updates on each of these goals over the course of the year. I’m truly looking forward to all that 2016 has to offer.
Happy New Year, friends! Wishing you all the best of luck with your goals and resolutions for the year ahead.
I’d love to know your 6 goals for 2016, share them below in the comments – I promise you’ll feel more committed to them once you write them out!
Friends, I need your help. I am struggling to stick to my workout/healthy eating routine (I don’t want to call it a diet, because a diet is just a fad, I want this to last). Some of you may look at me and think that I don’t need to lose any weight and that I am crazy for having this goal, but my body composition has certainly changed from what it used to be. I know this happens to most as we get older and don’t continue to be as active, but the change in my body regardless of how minimal it may appear, feels so much different than what it used to be. Going from pushing my body to it’s limits with two-a-days as a college athlete to rarely working out has made a huge difference, and not in a good way! Ideally, I would like to lose 8 pounds, but if I am toning and leaning out, I don’t really care about the final number on the scale… after all, muscle does weigh more than fat. With all of the said, I think I can hold myself more accountable if I share my progress with you. So here it goes, today starts the day I share this journey. I plan on kicking it into high gear without a gym membership but instead at home with plyometric circuits, high intensity training, yoga and running. I want to strive for progress, not perfection!
Weight: 135.2 lbs | Fat Percentage: 25.1% | Activity Level: Low (running and yoga a couple of times a week, very sporadic)
Let’s do this!
I don’t know about you, but I always seem to struggle getting my workout in, there’s always some excuse: too cold for a morning run, too tired after work or I just don’t feel like working out (even though I know I will feel so much better after I do!) To eliminate the number of excuses I can come up with I often do my workouts first thing in the morning, but every now and then that just doesn’t work and an afternoon workout is the only time available. Earlier this week I attempted to make it to the 5:15 yoga class in San Marco but after sitting in traffic for 30 minutes no more than a few miles away from my house I realized I wasn’t going to make it, so I turned around to head back home. Finding myself sitting in traffic for another 30 minutes just to end up exactly where I began without spending time on my mat was extremely frustrating!! During my ride back home I decided to find a yoga session on YouTube and do my practice there, making time for my mat regardless of the obstacles presented.
I found this 60 Minute Hardcore Yoga (Advanced) video:
It was great, I was able to get my practice in despite life (aka TRAFFIC) getting in the way! This video is a good one to follow for advanced yogis, it was a little different from my normal practice, but it was good to switch it up. Sometimes I think the hardest part of working out or doing yoga at home is knowing what to do (or lack there of). I run into the same problem when I travel, trying to get time on my mat without really knowing what to do. I think this Travel To Go Workshop offered by Power Yoga San Marco is so timely and may be just want I am looking for to help me continue my practice on the go! Details below:
If you’re around, I hope to see you there! Do you maintain your practice on-the-go? Share your tips and tricks in the comments below!