I am just getting back into my workout routine… aka I am really sore and can barely move, thanks Brandon for yesterday’s workout! But, getting back into the swing of things has me thinking about my next workout and how much I used to love it.
So, in the spirit of having fitness on the brain, I’m sharing my top 5 workout items that I can’t live without!
- Beats Wireless Headphones – total wishlist item, but having music while I workout is a total must-have and having a good sound system for that music is high on my list. My favorite Pandora station to jam out to while working out is Swedish House Mafia, I mean that upbeat tempo doe!
- Mizuno Running Shoes – I’m in desperate need of a new pair, but Mizunos’ have been my running shoe since college! If you’re looking for a new pair of running shoes, I highly recommend going to your local running store where they fit you based on your needs. If you’ve never been to a specialized running shoe store, go check it out! They watch you run, measure the arch in your foot and provide a recommendation based on your foot strike. Locally, I really like Fit2Run in Boca Raton, FL. If you’re in Jax, check out my friends at JRC.
- Yoga Mat – My yoga mat is a must at all times. It’s perfect for stretching and strengthening, it is also perfect for those who prefer HIT and body-bearing workouts over the machines. But if I am being completely honest, I am totally eyeing Lululemon’s The Mat yoga mat – I’ve only heard great things!
- My Gym Bag – umm, need I say more. I love this Nike duffle gym bag. It has a compartment for EVERYTHING.
- Trigger Point Foam Roller – I cannot say enough good things about my foam roller. It is my life saver! If you do not have a roller, go out, right now, don’t walk, RUN to your nearest running store and add this to your arsenal of workout gear! I promise you won’t regret it.
Aside from loving these must-have items for working out, my top 3 apps to help you stick to your goals, can be found here.
What workout gear is top on your list? Share in the comments below!
2016 is here and it’s time to determine my goals for the year ahead! I’ve never been big on new year resolutions, but would rather identify goals to work towards. Although I’ve got a laundry list of things I want to achieve this year, I’ve decided to only list 6 goals for 2016, plus one for good luck! This afternoon, Michael and I sat outside enjoying fruit smoothies finalizing our individual lists for 2016, as soon as we got home, we put pen to paper to really commit to our goals.
- Run a half marathon – I want to run the Fort Lauderdale A1A half marathon, but that is coming up in February – I may need to find one a little later in the year for this to be feasible
- Be more active – I have totally fallen off of my routine in 2015, so this year I want to focus on being more active with my running, yoga and gym routine
- Create an Etsy Shop – this is something I have been wanting to do for a few years now, and I am really excited to say that I am going to make it happen in 2016
- Buy a house!! – I am so excited for this goal! Mike and I have lived in South Florida for almost a year and I think we figured out the area we want to purchase our first home!!
- Be more consistent with the blog – I’ve always struggled with this, I’ve had Simply Sianne for 4 years now and I really want to commit to blogging on a consistent basis. 2016 is going to be the year of making things happen!
- Travel to new places – Michael and I had an amazing time in Mexico and San Francisco last year, that we can’t wait to travel and experience new places
- Go on more adventures – The past year in South Florida has been fun, but we haven’t done as much exploring as I would like, so I want to make sure we don’t miss out on spontaneous adventures in the beautiful area we live
I can’t wait to provide progress updates on each of these goals over the course of the year. I’m truly looking forward to all that 2016 has to offer.
Happy New Year, friends! Wishing you all the best of luck with your goals and resolutions for the year ahead.
I’d love to know your 6 goals for 2016, share them below in the comments – I promise you’ll feel more committed to them once you write them out!