Happy Friday friends!
I am excited to start a new monthly series, sharing my simple finds I am currently loving. These finds will range from new simple recipes to the latest Pandora station I can’t get enough of. So, without further ado, these are a few things I am simply loving right now.
- Tropical House Pandora Station: This uplifting, relaxing sub-genre of deep house, dance music, provides the perfect tempo for getting work done, relaxing with friends or cleaning the house. I seriously can’t get enough of this station. And those that I share it with tell me the same!
- Kate Spade, All in Good Taste Book: This is the quintessential hostess book filled with how-tos, recipes, and helpful tips for the modern hostess. Perfect as a gift to your bestie or to keep for yourself, you can’t go wrong with Kate.
- Bellwethers Font: This fun, modern calligraphy design is the perfect carefree elegant font! I love how it truly looks like a handwritten font and has tons of options with additional swashes. Oh, and it’s only $15!
- Rompers: I am loving the simplicity of a romper, and I am totally loving this one right now.
- Acai Energy Bowls: Need I say more? This nutritious, superfood smoothie and fruit bowl combination is amazingly delicious and is a good source of energy! Top with your choice of fruit, you really can’t go wrong. My fave combo is bananas, strawberries, granola, coconut and honey… so good!
- Home Decor Inspiration: We still have A LOT to do with the house and Pinterest has been my go-to for inspiration lately, I’m simply loving all of the inspiration.
- Kate Spade Navy Watch: Seriously crushing on this adorable watch from Kate Spade, it’s perfect for summer!
- Calmness of Blue Art Canvas: This is going to look perfect in our dinning room!
- Bikini Season: I am ready for longer days and shorter nights and warm summer days by the beach! These bathing suits from Ola Feroz seem amazing! The fabric, the cut and styles are unlike any other bathing suits I’ve tried on. This is a must-have for the summer season!
- Beef with Broccoli: We had girls night in earlier this week and we made this yummy beef with broccoli recipe! It was an easy, quick meal perfect for girls night in – because when you’re drinking wine and sharing stories with the gals, the last thing you want to do is be stuck in the kitchen!
Well, this gal is ready for the weekend, hope you have a fantastic one as well!
I am just getting back into my workout routine… aka I am really sore and can barely move, thanks Brandon for yesterday’s workout! But, getting back into the swing of things has me thinking about my next workout and how much I used to love it.
So, in the spirit of having fitness on the brain, I’m sharing my top 5 workout items that I can’t live without!
- Beats Wireless Headphones – total wishlist item, but having music while I workout is a total must-have and having a good sound system for that music is high on my list. My favorite Pandora station to jam out to while working out is Swedish House Mafia, I mean that upbeat tempo doe!
- Mizuno Running Shoes – I’m in desperate need of a new pair, but Mizunos’ have been my running shoe since college! If you’re looking for a new pair of running shoes, I highly recommend going to your local running store where they fit you based on your needs. If you’ve never been to a specialized running shoe store, go check it out! They watch you run, measure the arch in your foot and provide a recommendation based on your foot strike. Locally, I really like Fit2Run in Boca Raton, FL. If you’re in Jax, check out my friends at JRC.
- Yoga Mat – My yoga mat is a must at all times. It’s perfect for stretching and strengthening, it is also perfect for those who prefer HIT and body-bearing workouts over the machines. But if I am being completely honest, I am totally eyeing Lululemon’s The Mat yoga mat – I’ve only heard great things!
- My Gym Bag – umm, need I say more. I love this Nike duffle gym bag. It has a compartment for EVERYTHING.
- Trigger Point Foam Roller – I cannot say enough good things about my foam roller. It is my life saver! If you do not have a roller, go out, right now, don’t walk, RUN to your nearest running store and add this to your arsenal of workout gear! I promise you won’t regret it.
Aside from loving these must-have items for working out, my top 3 apps to help you stick to your goals, can be found here.
What workout gear is top on your list? Share in the comments below!
We’re 18 days into the new year and I want to know how every one is doing with their 2016 goals?
If you didn’t get a chance to see my list, check out my goals, here. I’ll be posting updates on my progress throughout the year, because what better way to hold myself accountable than by putting it out there?!
Trying to keep to my 2016 goals, this year has already been off to a rough start. When time is tight and your busy working, traveling and trying to balance everything in between, it can be extremely challenging to make progress.
As soon as the clock struck midnight on NYE Mike and I began the search for a house (okay, that may be an exaggeration, especially since I was sleeping well before midnight, but you get the point). And if you have ever house hunted before you know it takes up all of your free time, seriously all. of. it. Between house hunting and a hectic month for work, I have not been as active as I would like. My ideal week would consist of attending multiple yoga classes, running a few times a week and two HIIT (high-intensity interval training) workouts. But… when traveling or getting home late, the gym is the last thing I want to do. No matter how many times I try and will myself to the gym, there are just
days (who am I kidding?) weeks where I don’t make it.
But then there are days like today, where I left work on time, I didn’t get stuck in traffic and I was in child’s pose waiting for class to start. Totally winning! But, unlike today, most of my days consist of leaving work late, sitting in traffic and running too late to join the class. Those are the days when I turn to my top 3 fitness apps, they keep me on track regardless of where I am or when I get home.
Top 3 Fitness Apps
- My Joy Yoga – this is the perfect app to help you find time for yoga. This app allows you to stream live and on-demand yoga classes based on level, focus and/or instructor. This is my favorite app to use when traveling because I can set it up on my laptop or iPad and do yoga right in my hotel room. Or simply take your practice outdoors with an iPad and enjoy your natural surroundings!
- Nike Training Club – once you have this app, you don’t need a coach or personal trainer because this app tells you what and when to do an exercise. I absolutely love this app, I use it when I’m working out in the gym or when traveling. I also really love how I can take my workout outside with this app. Nike Training Club offers more than 85 instructor-narrated fitness routines that verbally tells you what to do.
- Pandora – okay this ones not a fitness app, but I CANNOT workout without good music and since I do a terrible job of compiling my own music I rely on Pandora : ) It knows just when to play motivating music to help me dig deep and when I need to listen to calming music for a good yoga session.
So friends, here’s to a great Monday and a great week ahead! I’ll be using these 3 fitness apps when I travel this week, are there any others I should consider while I’m on the road? Let me know your favorite fitness apps in the comments below!
2016 is here and it’s time to determine my goals for the year ahead! I’ve never been big on new year resolutions, but would rather identify goals to work towards. Although I’ve got a laundry list of things I want to achieve this year, I’ve decided to only list 6 goals for 2016, plus one for good luck! This afternoon, Michael and I sat outside enjoying fruit smoothies finalizing our individual lists for 2016, as soon as we got home, we put pen to paper to really commit to our goals.
- Run a half marathon – I want to run the Fort Lauderdale A1A half marathon, but that is coming up in February – I may need to find one a little later in the year for this to be feasible
- Be more active – I have totally fallen off of my routine in 2015, so this year I want to focus on being more active with my running, yoga and gym routine
- Create an Etsy Shop – this is something I have been wanting to do for a few years now, and I am really excited to say that I am going to make it happen in 2016
- Buy a house!! – I am so excited for this goal! Mike and I have lived in South Florida for almost a year and I think we figured out the area we want to purchase our first home!!
- Be more consistent with the blog – I’ve always struggled with this, I’ve had Simply Sianne for 4 years now and I really want to commit to blogging on a consistent basis. 2016 is going to be the year of making things happen!
- Travel to new places – Michael and I had an amazing time in Mexico and San Francisco last year, that we can’t wait to travel and experience new places
- Go on more adventures – The past year in South Florida has been fun, but we haven’t done as much exploring as I would like, so I want to make sure we don’t miss out on spontaneous adventures in the beautiful area we live
I can’t wait to provide progress updates on each of these goals over the course of the year. I’m truly looking forward to all that 2016 has to offer.
Happy New Year, friends! Wishing you all the best of luck with your goals and resolutions for the year ahead.
I’d love to know your 6 goals for 2016, share them below in the comments – I promise you’ll feel more committed to them once you write them out!
After yoga this weekend I was craving something refreshing, something that would energize and provide substance without putting me into a food coma, so obviously not the tasty pumpkin waffles from last weekend 😀
A few years ago I tried this delicious superfood from Hightide Butrrito Co. after a yoga detox session at Power Yoga San Marco South in Jacksonville. It was amazing, but I haven’t had it since then, until this weekend! And I didn’t stop there, I’ve been having it each morning before work to give this non-coffee drinker a boost of energy!
Over the weekend I decided to pick up the ingredients for this cereal-like smoothie and make it myself. The only thing I realized after setting out to create this at home was that Publix doesn’t carry the Acai (pronounced ah-sah-EE) puree required to make the smoothie-like base. Dead set on enjoying a refreshing acai bowl, I came up with a substitute for the puree.
- 1 cup of Sambazon Acai Original Superfood juice
- 1/2 cup of ice
- 1/3 cup of coconut milk
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup of strawberries
- 1/2 cup of granola
- 1 tablespoon of honey or to taste
- In a blender, mix together the Acai original juice, ice, coconut milk, 1 banana and 1/4 cup of the strawberries
- Pour the smoothie contents from the blender into a bowl as the base
- Slice the remaining bananas and strawberries
- Place the fruit and granola on top of the acai smoothie contents in the bowl and finish off with honey
Since I was winging the puree portion, trying to make the liquid juice thinker to create a similar smoothie substance I added extra strawberries and bananas to the blender. I also ended up making way more than I needed, so I saved the rest of the mixture in small little containers and put them in the freezer, like ice cubes. This helped tremendously the next day – I took the frozen mixture and added in the extra fruit and coconut milk to prep my morning breakfast.
Have you tried this super healthy and super tasty breakfast?