We’re 18 days into the new year and I want to know how every one is doing with their 2016 goals?
If you didn’t get a chance to see my list, check out my goals, here. I’ll be posting updates on my progress throughout the year, because what better way to hold myself accountable than by putting it out there?!
Trying to keep to my 2016 goals, this year has already been off to a rough start. When time is tight and your busy working, traveling and trying to balance everything in between, it can be extremely challenging to make progress.
As soon as the clock struck midnight on NYE Mike and I began the search for a house (okay, that may be an exaggeration, especially since I was sleeping well before midnight, but you get the point). And if you have ever house hunted before you know it takes up all of your free time, seriously all. of. it. Between house hunting and a hectic month for work, I have not been as active as I would like. My ideal week would consist of attending multiple yoga classes, running a few times a week and two HIIT (high-intensity interval training) workouts. But… when traveling or getting home late, the gym is the last thing I want to do. No matter how many times I try and will myself to the gym, there are just
days (who am I kidding?) weeks where I don’t make it.
But then there are days like today, where I left work on time, I didn’t get stuck in traffic and I was in child’s pose waiting for class to start. Totally winning! But, unlike today, most of my days consist of leaving work late, sitting in traffic and running too late to join the class. Those are the days when I turn to my top 3 fitness apps, they keep me on track regardless of where I am or when I get home.
Top 3 Fitness Apps
- My Joy Yoga – this is the perfect app to help you find time for yoga. This app allows you to stream live and on-demand yoga classes based on level, focus and/or instructor. This is my favorite app to use when traveling because I can set it up on my laptop or iPad and do yoga right in my hotel room. Or simply take your practice outdoors with an iPad and enjoy your natural surroundings!
- Nike Training Club – once you have this app, you don’t need a coach or personal trainer because this app tells you what and when to do an exercise. I absolutely love this app, I use it when I’m working out in the gym or when traveling. I also really love how I can take my workout outside with this app. Nike Training Club offers more than 85 instructor-narrated fitness routines that verbally tells you what to do.
- Pandora – okay this ones not a fitness app, but I CANNOT workout without good music and since I do a terrible job of compiling my own music I rely on Pandora : ) It knows just when to play motivating music to help me dig deep and when I need to listen to calming music for a good yoga session.
So friends, here’s to a great Monday and a great week ahead! I’ll be using these 3 fitness apps when I travel this week, are there any others I should consider while I’m on the road? Let me know your favorite fitness apps in the comments below!
2016 is here and it’s time to determine my goals for the year ahead! I’ve never been big on new year resolutions, but would rather identify goals to work towards. Although I’ve got a laundry list of things I want to achieve this year, I’ve decided to only list 6 goals for 2016, plus one for good luck! This afternoon, Michael and I sat outside enjoying fruit smoothies finalizing our individual lists for 2016, as soon as we got home, we put pen to paper to really commit to our goals.
- Run a half marathon – I want to run the Fort Lauderdale A1A half marathon, but that is coming up in February – I may need to find one a little later in the year for this to be feasible
- Be more active – I have totally fallen off of my routine in 2015, so this year I want to focus on being more active with my running, yoga and gym routine
- Create an Etsy Shop – this is something I have been wanting to do for a few years now, and I am really excited to say that I am going to make it happen in 2016
- Buy a house!! – I am so excited for this goal! Mike and I have lived in South Florida for almost a year and I think we figured out the area we want to purchase our first home!!
- Be more consistent with the blog – I’ve always struggled with this, I’ve had Simply Sianne for 4 years now and I really want to commit to blogging on a consistent basis. 2016 is going to be the year of making things happen!
- Travel to new places – Michael and I had an amazing time in Mexico and San Francisco last year, that we can’t wait to travel and experience new places
- Go on more adventures – The past year in South Florida has been fun, but we haven’t done as much exploring as I would like, so I want to make sure we don’t miss out on spontaneous adventures in the beautiful area we live
I can’t wait to provide progress updates on each of these goals over the course of the year. I’m truly looking forward to all that 2016 has to offer.
Happy New Year, friends! Wishing you all the best of luck with your goals and resolutions for the year ahead.
I’d love to know your 6 goals for 2016, share them below in the comments – I promise you’ll feel more committed to them once you write them out!
Friends, I need your help. I am struggling to stick to my workout/healthy eating routine (I don’t want to call it a diet, because a diet is just a fad, I want this to last). Some of you may look at me and think that I don’t need to lose any weight and that I am crazy for having this goal, but my body composition has certainly changed from what it used to be. I know this happens to most as we get older and don’t continue to be as active, but the change in my body regardless of how minimal it may appear, feels so much different than what it used to be. Going from pushing my body to it’s limits with two-a-days as a college athlete to rarely working out has made a huge difference, and not in a good way! Ideally, I would like to lose 8 pounds, but if I am toning and leaning out, I don’t really care about the final number on the scale… after all, muscle does weigh more than fat. With all of the said, I think I can hold myself more accountable if I share my progress with you. So here it goes, today starts the day I share this journey. I plan on kicking it into high gear without a gym membership but instead at home with plyometric circuits, high intensity training, yoga and running. I want to strive for progress, not perfection!
Weight: 135.2 lbs | Fat Percentage: 25.1% | Activity Level: Low (running and yoga a couple of times a week, very sporadic)
Let’s do this!