Last weekend I made this delicious semi-homemade blueberry pie for Sunday dinner with the family and it was a hit (even among non-blueberry lovers!)
If you’re planning ahead for 4th of July or Father’s Day, you can’t go wrong with this yummy dessert!
This is where I went semi-homemade with this recipe 🙂 I purchased the Pillsbury pie crust, but if you’re interested in making it from scratch, check out this recipe for the crust.
- 6 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into small pieces
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Take out the pre-made crust and let sit out to become room temperature (this will make it easier to work with).
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, lemon zest, lemon juice, cinnamon and blueberries – I recommend mixing together the dry ingredients in the bowl and then slowing adding in the blueberries to easily mix it together. You want to lightly coat the blueberries in the dry mixture.
- After blueberries are coated in mixture, set aside and take one pie crust and line an un-greased pie pan with the dough. Remove any excess dough from the edges.
- Pour blueberry mixture into the crust-lined pie dish.
- Cut up the butter into small chunks and sprinkle on top of the blueberries.
- Cover the blueberries with the second pie crust. Press the edges of the crust together with your fingers to create a pinch or crimp at the edges.
- Whisk egg and milk together to create the egg wash, brush the top crust with the mixture. Score the pie on the top of the crust to allow it to breath.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and let it bake for an additional 30 to 40 minutes. Add a piece of tin foil below the dish in the oven to make clean up easy if any thing spills over.
- Transfer to wire rack and let cool. Cool completely before serving.
To really indulge, serve it with ice cream and enjoy!
Although summer doesn’t technically start until next week, it certainly feels like it has arrived here in south Florida! How do you plan on kicking off summer?
Happy Friday friends!
I am excited to start a new monthly series, sharing my simple finds I am currently loving. These finds will range from new simple recipes to the latest Pandora station I can’t get enough of. So, without further ado, these are a few things I am simply loving right now.
- Tropical House Pandora Station: This uplifting, relaxing sub-genre of deep house, dance music, provides the perfect tempo for getting work done, relaxing with friends or cleaning the house. I seriously can’t get enough of this station. And those that I share it with tell me the same!
- Kate Spade, All in Good Taste Book: This is the quintessential hostess book filled with how-tos, recipes, and helpful tips for the modern hostess. Perfect as a gift to your bestie or to keep for yourself, you can’t go wrong with Kate.
- Bellwethers Font: This fun, modern calligraphy design is the perfect carefree elegant font! I love how it truly looks like a handwritten font and has tons of options with additional swashes. Oh, and it’s only $15!
- Rompers: I am loving the simplicity of a romper, and I am totally loving this one right now.
- Acai Energy Bowls: Need I say more? This nutritious, superfood smoothie and fruit bowl combination is amazingly delicious and is a good source of energy! Top with your choice of fruit, you really can’t go wrong. My fave combo is bananas, strawberries, granola, coconut and honey… so good!
- Home Decor Inspiration: We still have A LOT to do with the house and Pinterest has been my go-to for inspiration lately, I’m simply loving all of the inspiration.
- Kate Spade Navy Watch: Seriously crushing on this adorable watch from Kate Spade, it’s perfect for summer!
- Calmness of Blue Art Canvas: This is going to look perfect in our dinning room!
- Bikini Season: I am ready for longer days and shorter nights and warm summer days by the beach! These bathing suits from Ola Feroz seem amazing! The fabric, the cut and styles are unlike any other bathing suits I’ve tried on. This is a must-have for the summer season!
- Beef with Broccoli: We had girls night in earlier this week and we made this yummy beef with broccoli recipe! It was an easy, quick meal perfect for girls night in – because when you’re drinking wine and sharing stories with the gals, the last thing you want to do is be stuck in the kitchen!
Well, this gal is ready for the weekend, hope you have a fantastic one as well!
I am always down for a good, fun, festive holiday, but this year, I am uber excited I can hardly wait! Last week I shared a yummy St. Patrick’s Day Puppy Chow Recipe and this week I’ve got a tasty cocktail to cheers with – just don’t have both at the same time – it will be a major sugar overload!
If you’re not a beer drinker but still want to join in on the green drink festivities for St. Patrick’s Day, try this Bailey’s Cream Minty Vanilla Milk Shake!
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
- 1 small bunch fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 1/2 cup Baileys Irish Cream (or milk)
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 2 teaspoons green sprinkles
- 2 teaspoons green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- Pour the honey onto a plate and rim two glasses with the honey, then dip into the green sprinkles and set aside.
- In a blender, puree ice cream, Bailey’s Irish Cream (or milk if you’re looking for a non-alcoholic version), mint leaves, peppermint extract, and green food coloring.
- Once blended together, pour shake into the two glasses. Be very careful with the peppermint extract, a little can go a long way!
- Top with Cool Whip (this stays better than Redi Whip out of the can), then garnish with green sprinkles.
- Add a festive straw, serve immediately and enjoy!
Follow me on Instagram to see how we’re celebrating St. Patrick’s Day and what we’re so excited about!
This St. Patrick’s Day is going to be filled with lots of celebrating with friends and family (more details of our celebration coming soon!) and I want to make sure there’s enough festive treats to go around. So, when I found this St. Patrick’s Day Puppy Chow Chex Mix recipe from Gal on a Mission, I just had to give it a try!
- 5 cups rice Chex cereal
- 1 bag of green candy melts (I used 2 bars of Baker’s White Chocolate and added in green food coloring)
- 1 drop of peppermint extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Green sprinkles
After trying this out, I made a few modifications to make this a little easier. My step-by-step directions are below.
- Add the rice Chex cereal to a large mixing bowl and then set aside.
- Pour the candy melts or white chocolate bars into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave at 30-second intervals stirring after each, until they are melted OR use a double boiler and melt the chocolate in a pan, once the chocolate or candy is melted add in a few drops of green food coloring and a drop of peppermint extract and stir together
- Add the powdered sugar into a ziplock bag and set aside.
- Instead of pouring the melted chocolate into the large mixing bowl with the Chex cereal, take another large mixing bowl and slowly add the two mixtures together. It was very challenging to mix together the 5 cups of cereal and chocolate together in the one large bowl. It is much easier to add them together in a separate bowl to ensure all the cereal is covered in chocolate.
- Once all 5 cups are covered in the chocolate, pour the mixture into the ziplock bag and seal tight. Shake the bag until all of the cereal pieces are covered. Add the sprinkles to the mixture and shake again.
- Pour the St. Patrick’s Day Puppy Chow onto a large sheet and allow it to cool. Store in an airtight bag for up to 5 days.
We’ve all seen the Classic Moscow Mule make a big comeback last year (I’m not sure it ever really went away?!), but this simple yet flavorful drink has recently made an appearance at our house and is here to stay.
We’ve had the classic mule out at boutique restaurants and have ventured to try the ones with a twist as they’ve been popping up on menus all over the place. But the Classic Moscow Mule is a winner every time! And, thanks to my mom for getting us an early Valentine’s Day gift, we now have the coveted copper mugs to make them at home – thanks again mom!
Snuggled up near the fire pit, we’ve been enjoying the classic mule on repeat this weekend.
The Classic Moscow Mule Recipe
- Ice cubes
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 2 ounces vodka
- 4 to 6 ounces ginger beer
- Copper Mug
- Squeeze lime juice into copper mug
- Add a handful of ice cubs, then pour in the vodka, followed by the ginger beer and stir
- Garnish with a lime wedge and mint leaves