It’s Friday and summer is here! This month’s Simply Loving round up includes all of my summer faves!
- Champagne Stopper – perfect way to keep your bubbly fresh, it’s like uncorking the bottle for the first time!
- Sand Spiker Drink Holder – a must have for summer days at the beach. Never have a sandy cup again (insert alleluia emoji!)
- Keepsake App – this is a great app for turning all of your photos into beautifully framed prints. I love how I can do it all from my phone!
- Pasta Salad Recipe – this easy-to-make, lightweight (no mayo!) pasta salad has been a huge hit this summer. I mean how can you go wrong with an Italian Caprese Pasta Salad?
- 4th of July Hot Dog Boats – OMG! This is the cutest thing ever!! Seriously, can’t get enough of this, can’t wait to use them for a festive celebration!
- Bamboo Multi-Device Charging Station – I prefer to have a place for everything and this organizer is perfect for keeping all my devices in one spot and minimizes the excess wires!
- Sun Protection – I mean it’s summer time and we live in Florida… this is a necessity for summer time. This is by far my favorite sun screen for the body and this one is my favorite for my face.
- 168 Hours – this is on my summer reading list for sure! Who doesn’t want to learn how to gain more time throughout the day and accomplish all the goals without sacrificing time with family and enjoying the good stuff?!
- 10-Minute Workout – I love being able to get in a quick 10-minute workout with these 3 moves (especially when it’s bikini season!)
- Yoga on-the-go – I know I’ve talked about this before, but this is great for all the summer travel because you can take yoga classes with you where ever you go. I’ll be using this in Dallas in two weeks!
What items are you loving so far for summer?! Enjoy the weekend and chase the sun!
I am just getting back into my workout routine… aka I am really sore and can barely move, thanks Brandon for yesterday’s workout! But, getting back into the swing of things has me thinking about my next workout and how much I used to love it.
So, in the spirit of having fitness on the brain, I’m sharing my top 5 workout items that I can’t live without!
- Beats Wireless Headphones – total wishlist item, but having music while I workout is a total must-have and having a good sound system for that music is high on my list. My favorite Pandora station to jam out to while working out is Swedish House Mafia, I mean that upbeat tempo doe!
- Mizuno Running Shoes – I’m in desperate need of a new pair, but Mizunos’ have been my running shoe since college! If you’re looking for a new pair of running shoes, I highly recommend going to your local running store where they fit you based on your needs. If you’ve never been to a specialized running shoe store, go check it out! They watch you run, measure the arch in your foot and provide a recommendation based on your foot strike. Locally, I really like Fit2Run in Boca Raton, FL. If you’re in Jax, check out my friends at JRC.
- Yoga Mat – My yoga mat is a must at all times. It’s perfect for stretching and strengthening, it is also perfect for those who prefer HIT and body-bearing workouts over the machines. But if I am being completely honest, I am totally eyeing Lululemon’s The Mat yoga mat – I’ve only heard great things!
- My Gym Bag – umm, need I say more. I love this Nike duffle gym bag. It has a compartment for EVERYTHING.
- Trigger Point Foam Roller – I cannot say enough good things about my foam roller. It is my life saver! If you do not have a roller, go out, right now, don’t walk, RUN to your nearest running store and add this to your arsenal of workout gear! I promise you won’t regret it.
Aside from loving these must-have items for working out, my top 3 apps to help you stick to your goals, can be found here.
What workout gear is top on your list? Share in the comments below!
We’re 18 days into the new year and I want to know how every one is doing with their 2016 goals?
If you didn’t get a chance to see my list, check out my goals, here. I’ll be posting updates on my progress throughout the year, because what better way to hold myself accountable than by putting it out there?!
Trying to keep to my 2016 goals, this year has already been off to a rough start. When time is tight and your busy working, traveling and trying to balance everything in between, it can be extremely challenging to make progress.
As soon as the clock struck midnight on NYE Mike and I began the search for a house (okay, that may be an exaggeration, especially since I was sleeping well before midnight, but you get the point). And if you have ever house hunted before you know it takes up all of your free time, seriously all. of. it. Between house hunting and a hectic month for work, I have not been as active as I would like. My ideal week would consist of attending multiple yoga classes, running a few times a week and two HIIT (high-intensity interval training) workouts. But… when traveling or getting home late, the gym is the last thing I want to do. No matter how many times I try and will myself to the gym, there are just
days (who am I kidding?) weeks where I don’t make it.
But then there are days like today, where I left work on time, I didn’t get stuck in traffic and I was in child’s pose waiting for class to start. Totally winning! But, unlike today, most of my days consist of leaving work late, sitting in traffic and running too late to join the class. Those are the days when I turn to my top 3 fitness apps, they keep me on track regardless of where I am or when I get home.
Top 3 Fitness Apps
- My Joy Yoga – this is the perfect app to help you find time for yoga. This app allows you to stream live and on-demand yoga classes based on level, focus and/or instructor. This is my favorite app to use when traveling because I can set it up on my laptop or iPad and do yoga right in my hotel room. Or simply take your practice outdoors with an iPad and enjoy your natural surroundings!
- Nike Training Club – once you have this app, you don’t need a coach or personal trainer because this app tells you what and when to do an exercise. I absolutely love this app, I use it when I’m working out in the gym or when traveling. I also really love how I can take my workout outside with this app. Nike Training Club offers more than 85 instructor-narrated fitness routines that verbally tells you what to do.
- Pandora – okay this ones not a fitness app, but I CANNOT workout without good music and since I do a terrible job of compiling my own music I rely on Pandora : ) It knows just when to play motivating music to help me dig deep and when I need to listen to calming music for a good yoga session.
So friends, here’s to a great Monday and a great week ahead! I’ll be using these 3 fitness apps when I travel this week, are there any others I should consider while I’m on the road? Let me know your favorite fitness apps in the comments below!
2016 is here and it’s time to determine my goals for the year ahead! I’ve never been big on new year resolutions, but would rather identify goals to work towards. Although I’ve got a laundry list of things I want to achieve this year, I’ve decided to only list 6 goals for 2016, plus one for good luck! This afternoon, Michael and I sat outside enjoying fruit smoothies finalizing our individual lists for 2016, as soon as we got home, we put pen to paper to really commit to our goals.
- Run a half marathon – I want to run the Fort Lauderdale A1A half marathon, but that is coming up in February – I may need to find one a little later in the year for this to be feasible
- Be more active – I have totally fallen off of my routine in 2015, so this year I want to focus on being more active with my running, yoga and gym routine
- Create an Etsy Shop – this is something I have been wanting to do for a few years now, and I am really excited to say that I am going to make it happen in 2016
- Buy a house!! – I am so excited for this goal! Mike and I have lived in South Florida for almost a year and I think we figured out the area we want to purchase our first home!!
- Be more consistent with the blog – I’ve always struggled with this, I’ve had Simply Sianne for 4 years now and I really want to commit to blogging on a consistent basis. 2016 is going to be the year of making things happen!
- Travel to new places – Michael and I had an amazing time in Mexico and San Francisco last year, that we can’t wait to travel and experience new places
- Go on more adventures – The past year in South Florida has been fun, but we haven’t done as much exploring as I would like, so I want to make sure we don’t miss out on spontaneous adventures in the beautiful area we live
I can’t wait to provide progress updates on each of these goals over the course of the year. I’m truly looking forward to all that 2016 has to offer.
Happy New Year, friends! Wishing you all the best of luck with your goals and resolutions for the year ahead.
I’d love to know your 6 goals for 2016, share them below in the comments – I promise you’ll feel more committed to them once you write them out!