Happy Monday, friends!
We’ve been hard at work over here coming up with a new logo (which you’ve seen glimpses of on Facebook and Instagram), specific brand colors and a NEW Simply Sianne web design!
On Monday, June 27, we will be launching the new brand and website! To help us celebrate, we are looking for friends (aka brand cheerleaders!) to help us spread the word about the new look and feel.
If you’re interested in helping us celebrate the launch and be a brand cheerleader (besides loving you forever!) we will provide an image for you to use on your social media channels to let others know about our celebration!
Join the party and use hashtag #simplysiannecelebration!
And as a thank you for being such a sweet friend, we’ll be sending you a little surprise in the mail, just click the link below, fill out the form (I need you’re address to be able to send you your gift!) and be on the lookout for an email with the social image to use. Thank you so much in advance for joining the party!!
Thanks in advance for your love and support!
I can’t believe this weekend marks our one year wedding anniversary! There are so many great memories from that weekend, it was very challenging to put together only 10 favorites! As we get ready to head out to the Boca Raton Resort for the night, we can’t help but look back at our favorite moments from our big day, here are my 10:
10. Waking up to this view with my mom the morning of the wedding, laughing, being giddy and enjoying the quiet time together before all the festivities began!
9. Having an early morning dance session with the only girl who can upstage the bride on her wedding day, the flower girl 🙂
8. Receiving a beautiful note from my soon-to-be husband before meeting him at the end of the aisle.
7. Walking down the aisle with my dad, desperately trying to keep it together!
6. Seeing all of the details come to life, trust me, the stress and attention to all the little details before the big day is worth it!
5. Celebrating with 120 of our closest family and friends
4. Having our guys and gals stand by our side
3. Getting cheered on by complete strangers (and a police officer!) as we drank champagne out of the bottle, sitting in the backseat of the Rolls. #nojudgingallowed
2. Saying I do and kissing my husband for the first time
1. I have found the one whom my soul loves – Song of Soloman 3:4
Now, I’m off to pop some bubbly and celebrate our first year of marriage!
Tis’ the season for snuggling on the couch, sipping hot cocoa and baking cookies! This past weekend my family and I gathered around the kitchen to start our baking tradition! Over the years we’ve gathered quiet a collection of recipes, some being passed down from generation to generation, while others have been added along the way, trying and testing out new ones. This year we started off with a classic, Italian Christmas Cookies! And they taste as good as they look!
Italian Christmas Cookies
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Cream butter and sugar until blended
- Ad eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition
- Mix in vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Slowly add flour to creamed mixture and mix until blended. If the dough is too sticky, sprinkle a bit more flour.
- Hand-roll teaspoon-sized balls and place 2″ apart onto un-greased baking sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees until cookies are set and bottoms are lightly brown (about 10 – 15 minutes)
- Let cool for 10 – 15 minutes
- Dip cooled cookies into frosting and sprinkles
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, almond, lemon, or anise extract
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix all ingredients together, beat until smooth
Step by Step with Pictures
1. Cream butter and sugar until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder
Mix flour and baking powder
4. Slowly add flour to creamed mixture and mix until blended
If the dough is too sticky, sprinkle a bit more flour
Hand-roll teaspoon-sized balls and place 2″ apart onto un-greased baking sheet
Bake at 350 degrees until cookies are set and bottoms are lightly browned
Remove from baking sheet and let cool
Mix ingredients for frosting
Dip the Italian Christmas Cookies into the frosting
then dip into the sprinkles
Let iced cookies set on cooling rack
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Bake Time: 15 minutes | Cool Time: 5 minutes | Servings: 3 dozen
Gathering around the kitchen is a family tradition of ours (regardless of the holiday season!), but I do enjoy the cookies that come from gathering together for the holidays. What traditions are you looking forward to this holiday season?!?