Because I can never tire of pumpkin inspired foods and waffles are always a good idea, Pumpkin Waffles were a must this season.
And, since I love Krusteaz Waffle Mix, I decided to experiment and use that as my base and wing it from there – luckily they turned out delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups of Krusteaz Belgian Waffle Mix
- 2/3 cups of water
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 1/2 can of pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- A dash of Pumpkin Spice
- Stir waffle mix, water, egg(s) and oil together with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Add in pumpkin, vanilla extract, cinnamon and pumpkin spice to the waffle mixture.
- Let batter stand 2 minutes.
- Pour about 2/3 cup batter onto waffle iron.
- Cook waffles 3-4 minutes until golden brown (or follow waffle iron instructions).
- Sprinkle with Cinnamon and serve with warm melted butter and syrup! Or try whip cream!
Do you have other pumpkin-inspired recipes that I should try? Let me know in the comments below!