Last weekend our sweet Bella turned 1 and we wanted to celebrate with a sweet treat for our furry friends! I know it sounds a little crazy, but it was easy to make and the pups definitely enjoyed it! If you’re looking to do something a little special for your four-legged friends, try out this recipe – it was a big hit among ours!
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (we used organic, all natural peanut butter with no added sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey (optional – we also used organic honey)
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (preferred) or 1 cup white flour (alternate)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease a muffin pan (we used a jumbo muffin pan)
- Combine the egg, peanut butter, oil, vanilla, and honey, if desired, in a large bowl, blend well
- Stir in shredded carrots and mix thoroughly (we put the carrots in the blended and pulsed it till it was shredded)
- Spoon cake batter into prepared pan
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes
- Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely
- Frost the cakes, using the directions below and top with a milk bone treat!
Frosting Ingredients and Directions
Mix together a tablespoon of organic peanut butter, a browning banana and a teaspoon of vanilla – whip it together to create a “frosting” for the puppy cakes
All the pups: Bella, Miles and Prince!
The Birthday Celebration!
Have you ever celebrated your furry friend’s birthday, what did you do?