It’s officially fall (although it doesn’t feel like it here in Florida), but it’s never too early to get into the fall spirit, especially with these oh-so-delicious pumpkin muffins! I was about to make the simple out-of-the-box Pumpkin Bread from Pillsbury when this recipe on the side of the package caught my eye. Without any delay I quickly forgot about plain old pumpkin bread and just had to try this recipe, and now that I have, it’s too good not to share!
With fall finally here, you’ll have to try these treats for yourself and I’m sure you will fall in love with ‘em too!
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 (14 oz.) package Pillsbury Pumpkin Quick Bread Mix
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat cream cheese in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy – add sugar and lemon peel, beat until smooth.
3. Place ¾ cup pumpkin bread mix into small bowl, set aside.
4. Place remaining pumpkin bread mix in large bowl; add milk, oil and egg – stir until blended.
5. Line muffin pan with liners or spray with non-stick spray and then fill each muffin cup with about ¼ cup batter.
6. Make indentation in center of batter with small measuring spoon coated with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon cream cheese mixture in center of each muffin.
7. Add melted butter to reserved pumpkin bread mix, stir with fork until crumbly (stir in pecans if desired).
8. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon topping over each muffin.
9. Bake 20 to 22 minutes
10. Cool 10 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Bake Time: 20 minutes | Cool Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 12 muffins
Are you already baking up some fall deliciousness? If so, share your recipes below!
It’s not like me to say this, but in the spirit of the season… Happy Fall Y’all!