I’ve been wanting to make homemade oatmeal bars for a while now, and finally stumbled upon Erin’s blog, Well Plated. Since finding her blog late last week I now have a huge list of new recipes I want to try!
And with summer officially here, I’ve been wanting all. the. berries! I even got started a little early and created a semi-homemade blueberry pie last week.
I absolutely love our kitchen gadgets, here’s what’s featured in the images above: Measuring Cups: Sur La Table // Measuring Spoons: Sur La Table // Storage Containers: Bed bath and Beyond // Appetizer Plates: Bed Bath and Beyond // Silverware: Kate Spade
- 1 cup of old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 cups, small-diced strawberries
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. I didn’t have any in the house, so I greased the pan with Pam spray. I def. recommend using the parchment paper, it would have made it so much easier!
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients of the oats, flour, brown sugar, and salt.
- Pour the melted butter into the medium bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until it forms clumps and the dry ingredients are evenly covered.
- Add half of the crust into the greased or lined pan and press into the bottom of the pan to create an even layer.
- Take the cut up strawberries and add a layer over the crust, once the layer of strawberries is in the pan, sprinkle the lemon juice and 1/2 tablespoon sugar over the berries.
- Sprinkle the reserved crumbs over the top, the fruit will still be showing once the crumbs are added.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the fruit is bubbly and the crumb topping is golden brown.
- Place the pan on a wire rack and let cool completely.
- While bars are cooling, mix together the vanilla glaze ingredients in a bowl until smooth. To achieve a thinner consistency, add more milk.
- Drizzle with glaze, slice and serve!
Now that we have most of our items unpacked in the new house, we’ve been busy cooking and baking more! Here are some of my favorite items for the kitchen
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do. What are you cooking up this summer?
This light, silky cami is my go-to for any occasion! Pair with shorts and flats for a day around town or with cropped pants and heels for a night out, this light-weight cami is ahhhmazing!
Top: Express // Pants: Old Express Jeans, similar one in gray here // Shoes: Old Bakers, similar pair from DSW // Flats: DSW // Sunnies: Fossil // Bag: Michael Kors
This has been my favorite top this year, it’s easy to wear and simply dresses up my outfit. Perfect from day to night, coffee / tea dates in the morning and happy hour at night with my favorite person!
My favorite top is currently on sale with buy 1 get 1 50% off!, so you know what I’ll be doing later… stocking up!
I am so excited summer is officially here! If you see me around wearing this shirt on repeat, don’t judge!
Have a great Monday, friends!
Last weekend I made this delicious semi-homemade blueberry pie for Sunday dinner with the family and it was a hit (even among non-blueberry lovers!)
If you’re planning ahead for 4th of July or Father’s Day, you can’t go wrong with this yummy dessert!
This is where I went semi-homemade with this recipe 🙂 I purchased the Pillsbury pie crust, but if you’re interested in making it from scratch, check out this recipe for the crust.
- 6 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into small pieces
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Take out the pre-made crust and let sit out to become room temperature (this will make it easier to work with).
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, lemon zest, lemon juice, cinnamon and blueberries – I recommend mixing together the dry ingredients in the bowl and then slowing adding in the blueberries to easily mix it together. You want to lightly coat the blueberries in the dry mixture.
- After blueberries are coated in mixture, set aside and take one pie crust and line an un-greased pie pan with the dough. Remove any excess dough from the edges.
- Pour blueberry mixture into the crust-lined pie dish.
- Cut up the butter into small chunks and sprinkle on top of the blueberries.
- Cover the blueberries with the second pie crust. Press the edges of the crust together with your fingers to create a pinch or crimp at the edges.
- Whisk egg and milk together to create the egg wash, brush the top crust with the mixture. Score the pie on the top of the crust to allow it to breath.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and let it bake for an additional 30 to 40 minutes. Add a piece of tin foil below the dish in the oven to make clean up easy if any thing spills over.
- Transfer to wire rack and let cool. Cool completely before serving.
To really indulge, serve it with ice cream and enjoy!
Although summer doesn’t technically start until next week, it certainly feels like it has arrived here in south Florida! How do you plan on kicking off summer?
Happy Monday, friends!
We’ve been hard at work over here coming up with a new logo (which you’ve seen glimpses of on Facebook and Instagram), specific brand colors and a NEW Simply Sianne web design!
On Monday, June 27, we will be launching the new brand and website! To help us celebrate, we are looking for friends (aka brand cheerleaders!) to help us spread the word about the new look and feel.
If you’re interested in helping us celebrate the launch and be a brand cheerleader (besides loving you forever!) we will provide an image for you to use on your social media channels to let others know about our celebration!
Join the party and use hashtag #simplysiannecelebration!
And as a thank you for being such a sweet friend, we’ll be sending you a little surprise in the mail, just click the link below, fill out the form (I need you’re address to be able to send you your gift!) and be on the lookout for an email with the social image to use. Thank you so much in advance for joining the party!!
Thanks in advance for your love and support!
It’s Friday and summer is here! This month’s Simply Loving round up includes all of my summer faves!
- Champagne Stopper – perfect way to keep your bubbly fresh, it’s like uncorking the bottle for the first time!
- Sand Spiker Drink Holder – a must have for summer days at the beach. Never have a sandy cup again (insert alleluia emoji!)
- Keepsake App – this is a great app for turning all of your photos into beautifully framed prints. I love how I can do it all from my phone!
- Pasta Salad Recipe – this easy-to-make, lightweight (no mayo!) pasta salad has been a huge hit this summer. I mean how can you go wrong with an Italian Caprese Pasta Salad?
- 4th of July Hot Dog Boats – OMG! This is the cutest thing ever!! Seriously, can’t get enough of this, can’t wait to use them for a festive celebration!
- Bamboo Multi-Device Charging Station – I prefer to have a place for everything and this organizer is perfect for keeping all my devices in one spot and minimizes the excess wires!
- Sun Protection – I mean it’s summer time and we live in Florida… this is a necessity for summer time. This is by far my favorite sun screen for the body and this one is my favorite for my face.
- 168 Hours – this is on my summer reading list for sure! Who doesn’t want to learn how to gain more time throughout the day and accomplish all the goals without sacrificing time with family and enjoying the good stuff?!
- 10-Minute Workout – I love being able to get in a quick 10-minute workout with these 3 moves (especially when it’s bikini season!)
- Yoga on-the-go – I know I’ve talked about this before, but this is great for all the summer travel because you can take yoga classes with you where ever you go. I’ll be using this in Dallas in two weeks!
What items are you loving so far for summer?! Enjoy the weekend and chase the sun!